The Mass Communication Department in Arya P.G. College, Panipat came into existence in 2009. It has been growing in a better way since the establishment. This department consists the three year full time degree course of Mass Communication & Journalism which is known as BAMC(Bachelor of Art in Mass Communication). Presently, the department is providing the theoretical & practical knowledge of the course to 150 students approx. The department is well furnished and equipped with all educational facilities such as classrooms, computer lab, audio-video studio, all equipment of print & electronic media. There are well skilled and qualified staff members in the department.
There are a number of daily, weekly and monthly activities are conducted by the department to give the experience of theoretical and practical knowledge to the students. These activities are as:
•Photography •News Making •Designing Newspaper •Anchoring •PPT Presentation •Voice over •Radio Jokey •Video Editing •News Reporting •Scripting •Organizing seminars and workshops •Guest lectures of experts
There are some socialites of this department as given below:
1. प्रेरणा Weekly Newspaper
2. 'ACP News' News Channel(Weekly News Bulletin)
3. YouTube Channel
4. रेडियो प्रेरणा
• Weekly radio bulletin by the students
• Program-me presentation on radio every weekday from 08:45am to 09:00am.
• Well equipped with all audio-video equipment and editing & in-design and quark software.
6. Placement and academic record
• The department is well connected with the press of Dainik Bhaskar, Dainik Jagran and Punjab Kesari newspapers.
• Many students are currently working in these news agencies as Panipat is an industrial city and hub of media.
• A number of students get the position in top 10 in academic merit list of Kurukshetra University.
• Many students go for higher education of mass communication after doing BAMC such as MAMC, PGDJMC, M.Sc Mass Communication, M.Sc. Electronic Media, M.Sc. Electronic & Graphic Animation, Diploma in Animation, Anchoring, Photography etc.
National Media Festival Event-
• 'प्रेरणा उत्सव' is organized every year in the month of February.
• Students from different colleges and universities of the country participate every year.
• Organizing from last 07 years continuously.